Invisalign® Clear Aligners
Sherman Oaks, CA
Traditional braces are a good option for fixing various orthodontic problems – they are effective and affordable. However, they have one shortcoming – they are very noticeable and not very attractive. Therefore, they can result in some embarrassing scenarios when you are interacting with other people, which can kill your confidence and smile. Luckily, there are other alternatives to traditional braces.
At Dougherty Orthodontics, we offer the latest orthodontic solutions such as Invisalign aligners, which helps to fix your teeth without stealing your smile.
What Are Invisalign Aligners And How Do They Work?
Invisalign aligners are custom dental aligner trays that treat teeth misalignment problems. The aligners are made of a clear plastic material, which makes them virtually invisible and aesthetically pleasing. The aligners are custom made-to-fit, usually created from a computer-generated teeth impression of the patient. Just like with braces, the aligners shift the teeth to the desired position, thus properly aligning them. The design of the Invisalign aligners also helps to ensure that the teeth do not shift away from the achieved position.
Advantages Of Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign aligners have several benefits compared to traditional braces used in treating misalignment. Some of these benefits include:
- Invisalign aligners are made from a plastic material that is soft to the gums, making them very comfortable to wear.
- Invisalign treatment is faster than other treatment options, namely metal braces, and ceramic braces. Therefore, you can expect to wear the aligners for a considerably shorter period.
- They are removable, which makes them easy to clean and maintain. Removing them also helps to ease any discomfort on your teeth and gums.
- They are aesthetically pleasing and thus can give you a confidence boost in social situations.
- The aligners are safer compared to traditional braces, even ceramic braces, which contain parts that can cause injury. Also, there is less risk of damaging the tooth when shifting them, there is no tightening of the braces.
Who Is The Perfect Candidate For Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign aligners are ideal for people suffering from dental problems such as:
- Gapped teeth.
- Crowded teeth.
- Bite problems, such as overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite.
They are also ideal if you are looking for something aesthetically pleasing for cosmetic reasons. When considering Invisalign, you should also be prepared to pay a little bit extra compared to dental braces.
Invisalign Treatment Expected Results
The results of the treatment vary from one person to another, and due to some factors: oral health, the severity of the problem, etc. However, the results are faster, and you can achieve the desired outcome in six months to a year.
When undergoing Invisalign treatment, there are some things you can do to increase the effectiveness of the process:
- Wear the aligners all day long and only remove them when necessary, like when eating, brushing, or flossing.
- Keep regular dental appointments to track the progress and if necessary, adjust the fit of the aligners.
- Use proper care and maintenance of the aligners to make sure they are in optimal condition. This means not placing them somewhere dirty, rinsing them with hot liquids, which can cause damage, etc.
If you are suffering from misalignment problems, Invisalign treatment might be just what you need. The aligners are effective, offer faster results, and are very attractive, hence a beautiful smile. Call us, Dougherty Orthodontics, at (818) 986-6223 for more information about Invisalign.